Jason and I spent lots of time and effort figuring out which night we would be able to carve our pumpkins as a family since we missed our opportunity over the weekend, given our drugged up state around here. Between a business dinner, volunteer meeting, and softball game, things were a little tight last week. We both wanted to be home to carve them with Amelia since we were so sure she was going to love it.
Yeah, not so much.
We decided Wednesday was our best bet, so Jason came home from work a little early and I made a quick dinner. Because I had a meeting that night at 7 pm, we ate quickly and got right to work.
Amelia LOVED the washing part.
Then, she used the spoon once to get the seeds out.
After that, she was done and off reading a book while Jason and I finished up gutting the pumpkins. She rejoined us when it was time to carve the face and told us what kind of eyes, nose, and mouth we should make. She also helped Jason pick out a shape to carve on his pumpkin. She picked a ghost, but was sure to tell us it was a "happy" ghost, not a scary one.
Interestingly, Amelia was pretty ho-hum about the whole experience. The peak for her was definitely the washing part!
No comments:
Post a Comment