11.18.2008

The Magic of the Kabob


Much like the novelty of eating from a muffin tin, eating food skewered onto a plastic spear seems to also yield admirable results.  

Okay, so the word spear may be pushing it a bit.  I actually use a plastic stick that came from a popsicle making kit I scored at Target for like 74 cents.  Regardless, any food that I make into a kebob (seriously, did you know this word has like 6 different spellings?), Amelia will consume.

Being Tuesday (the day I work), dinner is usually either always something super easy like spaghetti or it is something one of us can pick up on the way home.  Tonight, Jason arrived home 15 minutes early and had 'Breakfast for Dinner' night nearly fully prepared by the time Amelia and I walked through the door.

At first Jason was going to make Amelia a "pancake sandwich", which I myself was eager to see.  But, in the end, he opted for the ever popular skewer instead.  Tonight's kebab was made up of pineapple, sausage, pancake, and apples alternating along the plastic rod.  It wasn't the prettiest thing I've ever seen, but I certainly wasn't complaining and neither was Amelia!  She stepped it up and ate two skewers full of food AND an ENTIRE piece of toast spread with pumpkin butter.  She then was allowed to eat the candy bracelet GG so kindly gave her today before she left.  After she finished the bracelet, she reached across the table and swiped another entire sausage link and polished that off in about 60 seconds.  

I'm thinking a growth spurt may be to blame..or maybe it was just the magic of the kabab.

No comments: