I bought the fabric in late August giving me 2 full months to complete said dress. Little did I know that in the meantime, Amelia would decide on being Belle for Halloween and my mom and I would come up with the brilliant idea to make the costume ourselves. Needless to say, the pillowcase dress was put on the back burner in favor of finishing Miss Amelia's Halloween attire.
Late one night, after working on the costume for several hours, my mom convinced me into starting the pillowcase dress as well. It was basically my last chance since Halloween was quickly approaching. Much to my surprise, I finished the majority of the dress in about an hour and a half. This, of course, includes the two parts I had to tear out and redo.
While my mom put the finishing touches on the costume, she also added the ribbon straps and the ric rac along the bottom of the pillow case dress. And, despite only having poor pictures of the dress due to a toddler that refused to slow down so her mom could snap a picture, it is the cutest pillow case dress yet! Of course, I could be biased since I actually made the majority of it!
(As a side note to Carrie: I feel terrible that we didn't get together to make these dresses. The decision was made late one night to start the dress and one night is really all it took. Shall we plan to try out a winter/Christmas one?)
1 comment:
No big deal Jodi. That is usually how things get accomplished around here...at the spur of the moment. Maybe over our winter break we can get the girls together.
Post a Comment