11.28.2008

Fair Shares: Week Three


week 3 stash

We're still enjoying our membership to Fair Shares and we are always eager to find out what we get each week!  Because of the Thanksgiving holiday, we had a Tuesday pick-up.  There was a special surprise this week--a Kakao Marshmallow Pie.  Jason and I split this with my parents yesterday and it was really yummy!  The Hummus is delicious too!  Much to my surprise I like Japanese turnips RAW!  They are actually pretty tasty and make a good snack.  Jason used last week's turnips in the beef stew he cooked tonight and they were excellent, too.  And to think all of this time, I thought I hated turnips, who knew?


Japanese turnips--a little different than last week's version, but still pretty nonetheless.


Week 3:

  • Herbs en Route--Thyme 
  • Blue Heron Orchard Apple Mix (half gone)
  • Japanese Turnips (half gone)
  • Blue Heron Jalapenos 
  • Local Harvest Hummus (half gone)
  • Heartland Chevre (this is really soft goat cheese, not too sure about it)
  • River Hills Poultry Alliance Eggs  
  • Seven Thunder Bison-ground 
  • Tessa's Peanut Butter (good and not as sweet as regular PB, definitely better than the natural stuff I bought at Costco, Amelia had PB&Honey sandwich today and didn't bat an eye)
  • Lee Acorn Squash 
  • Lee Farm Sweet Potatoes 
  • Companion Potato Thyme Bread (interesting bread with chunks of potatoes cooked in, half gone, good with hummus)
  • Esther's Honey 
  • Kakao Marshmallow Pies (GONE!)


Here are the items from the last two weeks we still need to use:

  • Chervil (still waiting, patiently)
  • Ground Beef (frozen, so I am not too worried about this)
  • Pie Pumpkin (turning into a pumpkin pie this weekend!)
  • Sweet potatoes (one from last week and those from this week are going to be for our Thanksgiving dinner with my family on Sunday).
  • Mushrooms (I need to figure something out soon, I found a risotto recipe that looks good)
  • Mangia Tomato Vermicelli (good until 12/15--should make for an easy dinner one night)
  • Potatoes (used 1/2 this week, will probably use the rest for mashed potatoes on Sunday)

1 comment:

Cherie Moore said...

The Chevre cheese is wonderful crumbled over the salad...especially with craisins sprinkled over ;)

Cherie