I've found, though, that the perfect way to follow up a super busy day is to have a super relaxing one. So that is just what I did. On Friday morning, I said farewell to Amelia and Jason and headed down to the Lake of the Ozarks with 6 of my college friends.
Once we arrived at the Lake we had lunch and did some shopping at the outlet mall. The mall was hopping, but, in my opinion, the deals were just so-so. I bought a pair of shoes for myself that were regularly $72, for $27. Other than that, I didn't find much. When we had enough shopping, we checked into the Lodge of the Four Seasons. After a little chillaxin' in our rooms, we ventured out to dinner at L'il Rizzo's.
Once we got back to the Lodge, we had some drinks around the fireplace in the lobby. The only other people enjoying the unique circular fireplace were a few older couples. When the couple nearest us got up to leave, the gentlemen turned to us and asked why there were so many young ladies in attendance tonight. Then, he asked if we were the Lincoln University girls' soccer team or something. Ha! We all got a kick out of that one!
the fireplace area at the LodgeThen, some of us decided to hit the swimming pool and hot tub for a bit. We had the whole pool area to ourselves. We got a little crazy when I decided to dare a friend to swim underneath the partition to the outside pool area. She went and I followed and it was surprisingly comfortable, given the frigid temperature. Obviously, the pool was heated, but no one took my dare to get out of the pool and stand on the freezing cold concrete--myself included!
creepy wooden head statue located at the Lodge
After a little more chatting and catching up, we hit the sack so we'd be well rested for the next day.
On Saturday, we got up and had breakfast before heading to SPA SHIKI for some spa time. I've been here once before and again really enjoyed my time hanging around at the spa. We dipped in the whirlpool, sweated in the steam sauna, sipped on fancy teas, and relaxed in the meditation room. I also chose to get a Japanese Stone Massage, which was incredible! I certainly wouldn't choose this option in the summer, but there is nothing better than having hot stones rubbed on your body when it is so cold outside.
I thoroughly enjoyed my short trip to the Lake, it was so nice to be responsible only for myself for a little bit. I was eager to get back home to my family, but I am already dreaming about making a repeat trip.
2 comments:
We are so glad you enjoyed your visit to Spa Shiki. We certainly enjoyed having you! We will look forward to your next visit!
We are so glad you enjoyed your visit to Spa Shiki. We certainly enjoyed having you! We will look forward to your next visit!
Post a Comment