Since we already had the paint out and everything (and everyone) covered up, I thought we'd give THESE ornaments a try, too, on Friday.
I picked up some glass ornaments at Michael's on Thursday night, for $2.50 and we already had a stockpile of acrylic paint from when Jason painted some PICTURES for Amelia's playroom. Amelia chose the colors that went into each ornament and then helped me squeeze a little of each color inside. She also liked to shake and roll the ornament and watch the paint spread and mix in all the different directions.
They turned out great and we will be using 3 of them as gifts for some special family members (family members, in fact who read this blog--surprise!). The 4th one we made will go on our Christmas tree!
Oh, and I went to a craft fair on Saturday morning with my mom and I saw someone selling these same ornaments! Seriously, people, my 2 year old just made the same thing!
3 comments:
another idea i saw in a magazine...squeeze paint into the clear ornaments. not sure if it would be too hard for children, but maybe you can try it.
I love these and would so buy them!
Those are super cute!! They turned out great!
I think I will have to *borrow* your idea of the cabinet too. That is a great idea!
Post a Comment