12.17.2008

Silhouettes


I had grand plans this year of making many, many presents.  I think, initially, back in August when I was planning out all of the lovely gifts we would be handcrafting this fall and winter, I could have come up with a beautiful gift for everyone on our last.

Flash forward to reality, I think I have made  3, maybe 4 handmade gifts this year.  But, with that being said, this one has been my favorite!

I followed the instructions HERE almost exactly.  These two silhouettes were done for my good friend who has two daughters.  You may even recognize these little ladies if you happen to know my friend.

Let me just say, that this is one of the easiest projects I have ever done and I will be making one of Amelia just as soon as I have a spare minute (probably next July or so).  The hardest part is getting a good profile picture of your "subject".  Once you accomplish that, you are good to go!

No comments: