12.11.2008

Help Yourself


Despite the fact that on last Friday I refused to get out of my pajamas until right before Jason came home, I had a fairly productive day.

One thing I really wanted to accomplish was creating some cabinet space for Amelia to keep her kitchen things.  She has taken to scooting her stool over to a high cabinet where her cups, plates, and bowls are kept.  Then, ever so carefully (or not), she was climbing up her stool on to the countertop where she would kneel and then open the cabinet door to remove the exact dishes she wanted to use for the meal we were having.  Often, she would change her mind a few times before she settled on something.

So, to help me keep my sanity and avoid a trip to the ER, I moved all of my cookie sheets and cake pans and switched them to the cabinet where Amelia's dishes were kept.  Amelia's items are now kept in easy reach for her safety in the lower cabinet.

After almost one week now, she has become surprisingly more decisive with her dish decisions.  It has actually made things much easier for me to put her in charge of her getting her things.  I will say, though, that the cabinet doesn't look quite as organized as it does in the picture--and it may never look that way again, in fact.

Now, if I could just get her to load the dishwasher....

1 comment:

Raines Inc said...

In all due time. Allie just started to load the dishwasher and it is great help!!!