I know some of you know already, but I thought I would officially announce it to the rest of the world. Its certainly something we have been trying for for a very long time. Something we thought would maybe never happen! And I have to say that its still very early, so we are a little nervous. But, we are trying to stay positive that this is it!
So, without further ado.....
Drum roll please.........
AMELIA POOPED IN THE POTTY!! WOO!
Yep! It happened last Friday (shortly after I left town if you can believe that, so Dad got all of the credit!). It was the first time Amelia has EVER done ANYTHING on the potty. Granted, she hasn't done it again since, but I feel like it was a breakthrough and we are moving in the right direction!
Today, I set up a sticker chart for her (which has worked several times in the past for various behaviors we were trying to get her to do or not do). I am keeping my fingers crossed that we are on our way to a diaper-free existence!
2 comments:
Whoa Jodi! You got me! I just was freaking out!! Your intro is very deceiving! I'm still very proud of Amelia Jane though. Kudos!! -Susie
WTG Amelia!!!! Hopefully this is the breakthrough you need! Let me know how the sticker chart goes as I plan on being more consistent with the early stages of pt'ing after the first of the year. Em has pooped in the potty a few times but no more. :( A friend recommended a dvd. Let me know if you want the title!
Post a Comment