9.08.2010

Eight is Great!

Wow! Two-thirds of the year through year 1!

Month 8 has been very, very busy. It started in Texas (then Oklahoma, then Missouri). We spent much of it working on our summer list and enjoying those final days of summer.


Sorry for the repeats in pictures, I have an alarmingly small amount of pictures from the last month of Henry. Ooops!

I did manage to get some unofficial measurements, though. Taken on his exact 8th month.

Weight: about 23 lbs. (I got a new non-digital scale though which made this much more difficult and less accurate probably.

Height: 29.5" was the best I could tell


Henry is pulling up on everything in site and becoming more comfortable cruising the couch. If I take my eyes off of him for a minute, he usually sneaks off to climb the stairs. Guess its time to get the baby gate at the bottom of the steps again, since he is usually about 4 steps up before I get to him. He has also gotten a lot better at giving "high fives" and can identify each of us by name. If we say, "Henry, where is Amelia?". He will look at her! His obsession with balls continues and it's obvious he knows that word as well.

And my favorite, he will usually give "smoochers" on demand. Sometimes even if I don't request one, he will just turn around and willingly give one. His favorite thing to say is "Buh". Which he says all day, every day. About half the time he army crawls and the other half of the time, he crawls on his hands and knees. And diaper changes have been SUPER challenging, some may even say impossible!

And although he still has NO teeth, this boy is eating EVERYTHING in site. I have pretty much given up on all baby food except oatmeal. He is perfectly content eating pancakes, waffles, toast, pasta, corn, beans, tofu, grilled cheese, omelets, pizza, cheese, and various fruits and vegetables.

Stranger anxiety has appeared a bit this month, as well. It was strange that just one day he decided he was wary of almost any male. He is usually okay and smiley with the female set, still. One male he is NOT wary of is his father. He crawls as fast as he can to get to him every day when he gets home from work--obviously thankful to have some more testosterone in the house!

No comments: