9.15.2010

Likin' the Bikin'

Amelia has logged over 7 miles the past two weekends on her Barbie bike. She was getting much more confident on her bike riding in our court, so we decided it was time to try it out on a real path. So, on Labor Day we first ventured to Creve Coeur Park for a little ride.

I figured we would bike the area the that touches the lake and back--maybe a mile. But, before I knew it, we were halfway around the Lake. And at that point, there was no point in turning around. Not that Amelia wanted to--she was having the time of her life! She ended up finishing the entire 3.7 mile loop without one single complaint. She even took a spill about 3/4 of the way around, but she got right back on and kept going!

We loved it so much that we headed back out this past weekend. Henry and I walk-ran it this time to try and keep the biking Amelia and Jason in sight. I decided to pack Amelia some snacks this outing which led to about 5 snack breaks along the way (making it much easier for Henry and I to keep up).

I love Creve Coeur park--a flat, easy path that is mostly shaded! The Lake is beautiful and Amelia thinks she is in the "forest" when we get to the wooded area. Once the leaves change colors, I think it will be even better!

No comments: