Much like the Filth Wizardry author, we started with a flour sack from the Dollar Tree. I cut it in half and sewed it into a strip. I gave Amelia a set of my colored Sharpie markers and let her go to town. (I am keeping directions SUPER short here since in depth directions are located at the link above).
I taped the flour sack strip to the plastic tablecloth I was using to keep it from moving. The Fruit Loops in the middle of the table are for snacking purposes only.
Unfortunately, I didn't get any pictures of the painting or drying process. But, when it was painted and dried, I attempted to heat set the paint (the same way as described in the link above) and then I washed the material. I then passed it off to my mom along with Amelia's waist measurements so that my mom could add some elastic and turn it into a skirt. I am sure I could have completed this sewing project myself, but with all we had going on that week, I gladly passed it on to my mom.
And Amelia (and I) LOVE the finished product!
And Amelia (and I) LOVE the finished product!
1 comment:
That's just adorable!
Post a Comment