I've been putting off our visit to the Arch for awhile now because it was something I definitely was not interested in doing alone with two kids. Jason was lukewarm (at best) about the idea of going on a weekend and I wasn't crazy about fighting crowds then either. When I mentioned the trip to my mom, she was very excited and expressed an interest in wanting to come along. Problem solved.
9.05.2010
Gateway to the West
Can you tell that it's crunch time with the summer fun list? I'm not sure of the exact date that summer ends, but I know it is fast approaching.
I've been putting off our visit to the Arch for awhile now because it was something I definitely was not interested in doing alone with two kids. Jason was lukewarm (at best) about the idea of going on a weekend and I wasn't crazy about fighting crowds then either. When I mentioned the trip to my mom, she was very excited and expressed an interest in wanting to come along. Problem solved.
Amelia loved every second of the Arch experience. It was her first time seeing it up close and she has always been curious about it and full of questions. She could hardly grasp the concept the first time we told her that you can go up in it.
She may have actually enjoyed the outside more than the inside (although, its really a toss up). It was like she couldn't get enough of it--touching it, looking at it, and I think I even saw her smell it once.
Surely if you've ever been up in the Arch you remember these tiny pod-like elevators. They are supposed to seat 5, but 3.5 people inside was enough for me. Luckily, we went early on a weekday, so it wasn't crowded at all and we got an elevator all to ourselves. I'm a bit claustrophobic, but luckily I kept it together for the kids sake.

Once we got to the top, I wasn't sure how we were going to get Amelia back down. She insisted on looking out every single window (might as well get your money's worth, I guess).
Henry liked it too. He also figured out rather quickly that the carpet was pulling away from the window and that it fit perfectly in his mouth. Ew.



I found it very difficult to get a good picture of the Arch in such close proximity. I even drug Amelia up a really big hill in hopes of capturing the whole thing--to no avail. The whole experience was fun, nonetheless. What a great well to celebrate living in St. Louis (and check another thing off our list)!
I've been putting off our visit to the Arch for awhile now because it was something I definitely was not interested in doing alone with two kids. Jason was lukewarm (at best) about the idea of going on a weekend and I wasn't crazy about fighting crowds then either. When I mentioned the trip to my mom, she was very excited and expressed an interest in wanting to come along. Problem solved.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment