Amelia and I scouting out books together is nothing but trouble. Jason has complained on several occasions that our children's book collection is out of control. I never buy books for me because I only read them once usually, but I really cannot turn down a cheap children's book that we will read hundreds of times. And so often, people are practically giving them away. I hate when a great book doesn't have a home.
Well, long story short, we walked out of Goodwill with 24 new books--for less than $8. Craziness.
Poor Henry got the shaft--only one of the books was for him directly (although I know he will benefit from the others when he figures out that books are not for eating). Amelia has been getting into chapter books and we scored 2 Junie B. Jones books and a whole slew of Magic Tree House books which I remember from my teaching days as being very popular.
Fiction: check! Non-fiction: check! Fairy Tales: check! Berenstain Bears: check!
Needless to say I got an eye roll or two when we finally returned home almost 2 hours later with a stroller loaded down with books. I told Amelia that maybe we should make our walk to Goodwill a monthly event. At 30 cents a pop, how could we not?
No comments:
Post a Comment