9.02.2010

Purina Farms

With summer time coming to an end, I thought we better get on Amelia's list of things she would like to do this summer. We headed out to Purina Farms a few Sundays ago after enjoying a picnic lunch at Shaw Nature Reserve (check and check!).

We started out with a little tractor ride around the grounds. There wasn't a whole lot to see, but Amelia enjoyed it nonetheless.



One of the highlights of the visit was attending the dog show. The dogs did some incredible tricks and the kids enjoyed watching the fun.

Amelia also LOVED the baby pigs and I have to admit that I briefly thought about sticking one into the basket under our stroller. Too bad they grow up and get all big and stinky.

Amelia got her first taste of a rope swing!

And if we would have let her, she would have driven tractors all. day. long. It was like 800 degrees up in the barn loft, though, so we eventually shut it down.


Unfortunately, we missed the cow milking demonstration, so we had to settle for this fake stand in. I was pretty surprised though that Amelia walked up and knew right what to do.

We had fun checking it all out, but I think I will wait for some cooler weather before I return. And we will stay away from the ducks and geese. One went after Amelia's hand and nipped it a bit. As with any memorable event these days, we have to act it out daily around here.

No comments: