Jason had a really great idea a few weeks ago--to have Amelia be in charge of dinner one night. She decided she would bake up a pizza for everyone! From start to finish, she was in charge of the whole deal. Other than read her the directions and put the pizza in and out of the oven, she did it all.
Pre-heating the oven (standing on the stool that she scooted over).
Pouring and spreading the sauce. I was biting my tongue here so as not to say "that's too much" or "spread it a little slower".
Adding lots and lots and lots and lots of pepperoni--the entire bag, in fact!
A little cheese at first....
Followed by LOTS of cheese later.
Her puppy, Louie, had to steal a taste before it went in the oven.
I think teaching Amelia how to make a handful of recipes on her own is a brilliant idea! Especially if she could learn a dozen or so before heading off to college. I sure would have liked that information when living on my own (or even before I got married). When I get organized enough, I think Amelia will be in charge of cooking once a week.
No comments:
Post a Comment