I've been thinking about this post for awhile. It should probably go on the kids' private blogs, but why not embarrass myself and put it out there for all to see.
Poor Amelia has SO MANY nicknames (and Henry's getting quite a few himself), so I thought I'd document them all. You know, so you can all make fun of me later. And, more importantly, so my kids can make fun of me down the road and insist on never making the same mistake with their own children. Without further ado:
Amelia's nicknames:
Mia
Mia Jane
Janie Jane
little lady
lady
lady bird
bird
little bird
pea pod
sweet pea
sweet girl
sugar pop
puddin' pop
pumpkin head
pumpkin butt (this is probably confusing to her since we don't allow her to say the word "butt")
honey bun
angel face
Henry's nicknames:
Hen
Hen-Ruh (given by Amelia early on, although now I use it more than her)
Henny
Henry Soakin' (yes, this one is strange. Also given by Amelia and also used a lot more by me then her)
Henny Soakin'
pumpkin butt
Mr. Man
(As a disclaimer, it is important to remember the point of this blog. It is a baby book of sorts to me. I have plans to continue printing the blog into hard-bound books so the kids will be able to read all about their childhoods and have a written account of it--embarrassing nicknames and all).
No comments:
Post a Comment