10.22.2010

Role Models


Awhile ago Amelia confiscated my very old cell phone.  The one my father so graciously "bejeweled" one night when I was not looking (yes, it is as strange as it sounds).  The other day, Amelia came down from her "nap" with one of the many, many jewels from the phone stuck to her nose. I originally thought it was a fluke that she placed the jewel in the exact location where many people may choose to have it pierced.  When I asked her about it, she said she wanted to be just like her former pre-school teacher, Ms. K, who she adores (and also has her nose pierced).

As if that wasn't enough, when I went to pick Amelia up from pre-school a few days later, Ms. K was waiting to help her into the car.  When she opened the door, Ms. K said, "I HAVE to tell you a story" and then she proceeded to tell me how Amelia stopped her in the hall and said, "You know what Ms. K?  Sometimes when I am at home, I put a jewel on my nose and pretend I'm you!".

No comments: