A friend of mine recently brought the blog, Cooking With My Kid, to my attention. The woman is basically teaching herself (and her kid) how to cook by preparing 365 recipes in 365 days. While I am no where near as ambitious as her, all of her recipes were made with the assistance of her child, so I thought I would try a few with mine. She recently celebrated Pumpkin Week by including pumpkin in all of her recipes. I had been lurking on the site for awhile, but all the pumpkin goodies pushed me over the edge.
She was totally into mixing and measuring. I tried to let her do each step that she was capable of doing. This is a big step for me and one I need to continue to work on!
Delicious! They were excellent with my morning coffee and were the perfect breakfast treat to have laying around all week.
And after the pumpkin muffins were a hit, we decided to give the Pumpkin Spice Smoothie a try next. I followed her recipe almost exactly, only adding pumpkin pie spice. I thought it was pretty good, but Amelia LOVED it. She devoured her first glass and asked for more!! Talk about an easy way to get some pumpkin in her!
As of right now, I have tons of additional recipes from the blog tagged that I would like to try soon. She makes cooking with a little one look so easy and delicious!
No comments:
Post a Comment