6.10.2011

Bird Bling

I really loved this idea that I came across awhile ago.  We have lots of fabric scraps, string, ribbons, etc. laying around the house that, quite honestly, drive me crazy.  We didn't have the same fancy wire as the Whimsy Love author, so we copied her pipe cleaner version.

I formed a cage, of sorts, using some sparkly pipe cleaners leftover from our Pot o' Gold craft. Amelia got to work stuffing it with odds and ends that we thought a mother bird may be able to use to build a nest for her babies.



 We decided the perfect spot to hang it was near our bird feeder itself.  Both the "cage" and the bird feeder hang from a tree that can be viewed perfectly through our kitchen window. Amelia checks it constantly and always reports to me what she observes.

Our cage of goodies has been up for about a month now and it appears the birds have been taking some items.  I've actually yet to see it with my own eyes, but there are definitely supplies missing and we've seen a few pieces scattered in our yard far away from the cage itself.  We will have to repeat this craft early next spring when the nest-building frenzy first starts!

No comments: