6.13.2011

Drama Queen

The other day, Amelia and I were butting heads a bit.  You know, I made her clean her room (gasp!) and have quiet time for awhile (call DFS).  Everything that day was a VERY. BIG. DEAL. She was obviously exhausted, but refused to nap.  Instead, she decided to do a little drawing during her "quiet time". 

It seemingly starts out innocently enough, that's Tom and Jerry in the middle there in blue. But, after that it went down hilll a bit.  Do you see the blue hear with the "x" over it? I am not sure where the "dam" comes from.  My guess is that she was trying to write "mad" and got a little dyslexic.  (I hope that's it anyway!  To my knowledge, she doesn't know the word "damn").  Then comes Dad's name, followed by "mom" which has been crossed out.  Ouch.  And those blue oval-shaped objects on the left?  Those are tears.  And poor Amelia in red with her bow and cute flipped out hair is very, very sad.


It would seem that my little girl has a bit of flair for the dramatic already!  I explained to her that it is a great idea to write and draw pictures when she is feeling mad or sad, but that she should do it in her top secret diary so that no one sees it and gets their feelings hurt.

But just between you and me, I am actually a little glad I did see it....this time at least.

No comments: