I have had very good intentions of making gifts for Amelia's teachers over the last two years. In reality, though, I've relied mostly on thoughtful, handwritten notes, flowers, and gift cards to let her teachers know they are appreciated.
Part of the problem was the sheer quantity of teachers. This year, for example, Amelia has two classroom teachers, 4 para professionals (I prefer the word "teacher aide"), 1 extended day teacher, and 1 extended day assistant. For the Christmas holiday, I attempted to recognize everyone with a gift, but by the end of the year, I decided on special, handmade gifts for her two main teachers and gift cards for the others.
I found some cute stationery and bought a set for each teacher when they were on sale. I think personalized stationery is a nice touch and liked that it included not only the teacher's name, but a variety of ways to contact her (address, phone number, email, etc). I thought I would dress up a cheap clipboard a bit for an attractive way to display the stationery. I followed Erin's tutorial on how to mod podge a clipboard. Simple and relatively quick. I really like how they turned out too. I used a coordinating paper on the back, although I failed to take a picture.
The clipboards were still drying when I took these pictures, which is why the clip is still pinned back. (I also used the same teacher's paper for both pictures. No, she doesn't have two teachers with the same name). When they were given as a gift, I also wrapped a coordinating ribbon around the set. I wish I would have taken a picture, but it was a crazy week and I didn't even think twice about it!
The gifts were a big hit. I will have to remember this idea for future teachers that the kids have!


No comments:
Post a Comment