First, she surprised me with breakfast in bed! Although I was a little nervous, she instructed me to stay in bed and "DO NOT COME DOWNSTAIRS"! I heard lots of banging, but in a few short minutes, she had carried up a rather heavy Pyrex tray with my breakfast! Chocolate donuts, cereal (without milk) and cups for juice. Then, she went back down to bring up the drinks so I could pour them. It was a delicious breakfast and a great way to start my morning!
She also gave me a hand-painted tea cup from Paint the Moon. I guess I didn't get a picture of it, but it is absolutely beautiful! I will have to add a picture of it next time I update.
On very short notice, my dad came across 4 tickets to the Cardinal's game on Mother's Day. It was our luck that it was "Mini Pink Bat Day". I'm sure you can imagine who was VERY excited about that. Perhaps you can also imagine who's bat was taken away approximately 10 minutes after receiving it...
I had some pretty serious concerns about taking Henry-busy-body to a baseball game. It was pretty hot that day and the game started right when he usually goes down for his afternoon nap. Surprisingly, he hung in, though. My dad vowed to wrestle with him during the game and it worked out well. We left in the 6th inning which was quite a bit later than I thought we'd be staying!
Snacks and drinks got us though (and luckily some shade a little later on).
As you can see, Miss Amelia was pretty fancied up for the game. Ruby reds and all. I really do not know where she gets the desire to be so fancy all of the time. It certainly is NOT from her mother!
It was a really fun day, even if it was without Jason. I am so happy I got to spend it with my mom, too!



No comments:
Post a Comment