7.30.2011

Hello Kitty!

Amelia's sweet friend, Emma, turned 3 on July 1.  We all know I can't pass up a good theme and since she was having a Hello Kitty themed party, I couldn't help but put together a Hello Kitty gift.  Every. Single. Thing. I. Gave. Her. Was. Hello. Kitty.

I even made a few things to add to the Hello Kitty chaos.  I gave the scrunch headband a try again using a tiny bit of Hello Kitty fabric I found at Hobby Lobby. It turned out okay, but not as Hello Kittyish as I was hoping for.

I found these tank tops on clearance at Target for a couple of dollars and decided to make Emma a little Hello Kitty shirt.  The rhinestone applique came from etsy and I added the name at the bottom with rhinestones I found at Hobby Lobby.


Like I said, I got a little carried away.  I guess I love a theme.  I decided to package all the goods in a little Hello Kitty bag.  This was my favorite of the three handmade projects. I had everything on hand and it took about 3 minutes to do.


(Were you thinking I took the picture of the bag while I was driving down the highway?  No worries, I took the picture of the bag while Jason was driving down the highway in route to the party).

No comments: