7.03.2011

Here a Project, There a Project

Despite my sewing machines issues, I was still able to complete my list of projects on time.  First up was this little applique tank top for one of Amelia's dearest friends.  I REALLY wanted to do an initial shirt for Miss Natalie, but since I did that for her at Christmas I decided to come up with something different.  This was a bit of a last minute decision, but I think it came together nicely!  I love projects that don't require me to buy any new fabrics--these were all scraps.


The only requirement for this tank project was for it to match this green/turquoise skirt I picked up at Costco and immediately fell in love with (so much so that I bought the same one for Amelia's birthday outfit.  The tank top is the same too, in case you are wondering).


Next out to complete the ensemble was this little flower headband.  I LOVED this project and was able to use MORE scraps!  I first heard about it from my friend, Karon.  I found the tutorial here. Seriously, if you like this at all, give it a try.  Super simple and so much fun!  I think these little pom poms would be cute on a shirt too as am embellishment.  Really, the possibilities are endless!



With Natalie's gift squared away, I was ready to start on some baby shower gifts.  Amelia's godmother is due with baby Owen in late July and we are all very excited.  I wanted to try these fabric adorned birth clothes for some time now and was pretty happy with how it turned out!


And of course every baby boy needs a little tie shirt, does he not?


And last was a little car shirt.  I used felt for all of the pieces and think it turned out pretty cute.  I've been wanting to make Henry one like this since his first love is definitely cars.  Maybe someday...


And while we are on the topic of the baby shower, here are the invitation I made.  I also made matching "Thank You" cards, although I didn't get a picture.  I packaged the cards with stamped, pre-addressed envelopes (since I handled the invites, I already had them handy).  The mom-to-be was very thankful.  I'm pretty sure I should try to replicate that for every shower I'm invited to!


No comments: