7.07.2011

(Sea) Lions and Turtles and Peacocks, oh my!

 Another day, another trip to the zoo.  (Actually, we went there twice in the same week, but I only brought a camera once. And by camera, I mean iphone).

I try and take a picture of Amelia kissing this sea lion AT LEAST once a year.  Maybe someday soon I will dig out all of the past pictures and post them together.  I'm thinking it will definitely be the spot of her senior pictures some day.



 I'm not sure why this peacock was all out and about during our visit.  He (she?) seemed to be engrossed in watching the construction of the new sea lion area.  I am not sure if I have never paid attention before, but I don't think I've ever seen a peacock up this close and personal. Both kids were fascinated as well.


Believe it or not, I have never been to Turtle Park across the street from the Zoo.  During this particular visit, I was feeling rather brave.  It is a cute little park and the kids loved climbing on the turtles.  Amelia even found some turtle eggs and Henry now says, "turtle". 



Unfortunately, our trip was cut a bit short because the rain started falling.  But, we will definitely be back when we have more time to play and explore.

No comments: