7.28.2011

Here Comes the Flower Girl

Amelia is a very lucky girl! She has been the flower girl now TWICE in her life.  The first time was for her Godmother's wedding on Halloween 2009.  The second time was in June for Jason's cousin, Dana.

As you may expect, Amelia took her flower girl responsibilities very seriously.  At rehearsal, she had no problems getting ring bearer, Mason, down the aisle.  Mason is Henry's age.  I am nearly positive Henry would NOT have gone down!


On the big day, Amelia got her hair done with all of the bridesmaids.  She thought it was really fabulous to hang out with the big girls.  The hairdresser spent about 30 minutes curling Amelia's hair and putting it up.  By the time she made it to the church, the curls were gone! Amelia didn't care, though, she was  all excited because she got to ride the "party bus" down with the wedding party.  Apparently, party buses have come a long way since I got married, that things was crazy!  I was kind of regretting my decision to follow the bus to the ceremony in my own car.


I arrived at the church way before the party bus (apparently the bride  forgot her wedding dress and they had to turn around and go back for it).  I took the chance to get a picture of handsome, ring-bearer Mason.


When Amelia finally arrived, she still had to get dressed.  She was pretty hyped up, so we spent some time outside goofing around to keep her out of trouble.  I was pretty sure her dress would be ripped or dirty (or both) by the time she needed to head down the aisle.

 

Poor Mason had a big job to do right at his nap time and I'm not sure Amelia's constant coddling was helping the situation.  She really loves the little ones, though.  Once a big sister, always a big sister.


They made it down! (This was my view)


Jason's view: 


As Amelia will tell you, Henry was looking quite "dapper" in his collared shirt, tie, blazer, khakis, and Converse tennis shoes. Jason even styled his hair a bit.


Like I said, Amelia loves the little ones.  She and Olivia are second cousins.



The WHOLE Sinovich side of the family.


Amelia enjoyed the attention she got from all the "big girls".  She hung out with the wedding party for a bit so that she could be in a few pictures. 


Then, she came home for a rest and some snacking. I have no pictures of the reception.  Not one.  That is because for the first 45 minutes we were chasing Henry all over the place.  Then, the next 15 minutes I was begging my mom to come up to the reception site and pick him up.  Then, once he left with my mom, I spent the remainder of the night partaking in far too many alcoholic drinks. 

Amelia was quite the party girl that night, dancing the night away.  I had more than one stranger comment to me about how much fun she was to watch. I am really considering renting her out for weddings: Professional Flower Girl.

Also, the bride and groom had a photo booth and if I get a chance, I will scan in some of the pictures.  Amelia was in the booth a MINIMUM of 50 times.  I guess she wanted to make sure that they got their money's worth! Such a fun night! Congratulations to Dana and David!

No comments: