4.01.2012

Playing Catch Up

Oh my! I thought I was behind on the blog before.  Well, I have lots and lots of catching up to do.  So, here are the random pictures that have been holding me up.  Should they each get their own post?  Should I group them by month?  Theme?  I couldn't figure out a better way to do it, so here goes:

Henry was treated to a trip to the Magic House one day with friends Erin and Elise.  He could have played there all day (but he decided to give a poor, unsuspecting kid a push, so we headed home for a nap instead).  I think this is the only picture I took of him that day.  Not a great picture and taken with my phone.  Cue second child sympathy music.


This little gem was taken at Sesame Street Live.  My dad got some pretty sweet tickets (3rd row!) for us.  Henry was downright scared for the first 15 minutes, but then somewhat enjoyed it after that.  The second half of the show, he and I were out admiring the lobby much of the time.  I thought Amelia might think it was too babyish, but NOPE she enjoyed it quite a bit too!


Henry+headband = one happy little boy


I really like this post bath picture of my two clean machines.  It may not look like much to you, but there is an adorable video that goes with it that STILL makes me giggle.  It is the number one most requested video to be played on my phone by both kids.  It's that good.  BUT, the main purpose of this blog is to eventually make it into a book and I've found that removing videos and posts referencing videos is extra work I'd like to avoid for the next printing.  So, no video here.  Sorry.


Amelia had a book fair at our local Barnes and Noble awhile back that benefited her school.  They had some special events (here she is learning to juggle), surprise readers, and a scavenger hunt for the kids to complete.  It was on a Saturday and Amelia and I ended up staying there for 4 HOURS total on that day.  Seriously, 4 hours.  And the best part is that NEITHER of us were ready to leave at the end.  I think I am adding the book fair to my volunteer duties next year because I was secretly jealous of the volunteers that got to stay from open to close this year!


One day Henry decided to take a "nap" in the laundry basket.  He insisted I add a blanket.


Here he is "fake sleeping". Don't quit your day job little man.


One wonderful Friday night, Amelia was invited to a friend's house for a movie night.  All of a sudden we were down to one kid and decided to head out to dinner (I'd be lying if I told you that we didn't try and get it down to one kid first and enjoy dinner by ourselves).  We placed an order at Buffalo Wild Wings and then headed to Bass Pro to let Henry climb on all the boats and other equipment we will never own. Pure heaven for this little boy!


Henry+bow = one happy little boy


One random day off of school, I took the kids to a local mall.  We checked out the mini golf, played with all the toys in the toy store, and then splurged on a train ride around the joint.  The kids were ecstatic!


I don't know what this was about, but he WOULD NOT take them off for about 45 minutes or so.


Kindergarten has been pretty smooth sailing from day one for us.  We had a great parent-teacher conference in the fall, huge jumps in reading and math, and Amelia has made tons of new friends.  However, she had two minor bumps so far this year.  Her class uses the stoplight system of discipline where everyone in the class starts on green, moves to yellow as a warning, and then red if they don't improve.  Amelia received her first "yellow" for talking during nap time (no surprise there!) in late fall. She was devastated.  But in the weeks leading up to it, she would tell me stories about how she was goofing and talking during nap time, so I figured it was a matter of time before she got busted. She did not like telling me (and especially Jason) this information and definitely didn't like the feeling of being on yellow.  So, I was pretty surprised when she landed yellow #2 in March for talking while the class was switching subjects.  She was pretty hard on herself (again) and immediately placed herself in her room with her pencil, notebook, and stickers.  She emerged with this apology note for her teacher, Mrs. Bell.  

Mrs. Bell, 
I am sore for beege on yllow and tolking.  Love, Amelia


Henry+headband = one happy little boy


These last few pictures were taken when I was checking the camera to make sure it was ready for our trip.  What trip you ask??  Stay tuned, I actually have a couple to document!



No comments: