10.19.2009

Down by the Old Cemetery

Anyone else remember that old softball cheer? (I'm probably dating myself, actually).

Anyway, with Amelia's sudden interest in all things cemetery AND with me scoring a tombstone candy making kit at 90% off last year after Halloween, I thought we'd make a dessert combining her love of candy and death.

I made some brownies and then started delegating jobs to Amelia. First, she was in charge of making the icing a nice cemetery grass color.



Then, she was in charge of spreading it around on the brownies.


At some point after that, I asked her to use a rolling pin to break up a bag full of Oreo cookies. That didn't even last long enough for me to get a picture, however...

And, from then on out, Amelia became my official spatula licker. As you can see, I've taught her well!


Our simple, yet spooky, finished cemetery. I have to say that I am not sure why I have been eating brownies without frosting for all of these years. I am pretty sure I will not be going back to that again...like ever.


1 comment:

DEREK said...

he hair is growing back nicely!