10.13.2009

On Contact

Here's a secret about me that you may not know: I LOVE contact paper!

I bought a roll of it about a year ago and have used it for so many projects. Often I use it to "laminate" things that I want to use again and again. Looking at the roll, though, it really doesn't look like I've used any of it.

I saw this idea on No Time For Flashcards. She used a stencil, but I thought contact paper would be a better choice to keep the paint out. I cut some pumpkin shapes out of the paper and then stuck it to the construction paper. Amelia did her job by painting the page black--or brown, really (we had to mix our own "black" since we didn't have any).

After it had dried, Amelia got a kick out of pulling up the contact paper, revealing the orange pumpkins.


I was inspired by this project and am planning to do a similar version of this painting technique with Amelia for the baby's room. Here's hoping it goes as smoothly as this one!

No comments: