8.08.2010

On Fire

A couple of weeks ago, I arranged to have Amelia's 4 year pictures taken at the City Garden. Little did we know when we scheduled it that it would be a STEAMY St. Louis July day. The temperature was hovering near 100 degrees and the heat index was a number I am sure I don't want to remember. Perhaps picking a time where the sun is most cooperative (4:30 PM) wasn't the best idea.

I haven't actually seen the pictures yet, but I assume the photographers got some good ones of Amelia and some of Henry too. I just hope their cheeks aren't bright red in EVERY one of them...

We loved our inaugural visit to the Garden, but I didn't snap a single picture--I left that to the professionals. Amelia loved checking out and climbing on (and IN) and sculptures, climbing on the rocks, playing in the fountains, and swimming in the pools. She did great--except for when she decided to berate me for not bringing her goggles--what was I thinking?!?

Afterwards, we were in need of some food so we headed to Layfayette Square--home to some of our favorite restaurants. We noticed a newer place called Lafayette Fire Company and decided to give it a try.


We enjoyed the decor (check out the firefighter hat lights) and the food was fair, but on a Saturday evening, it wasn't as kid friendly as I'd like. They had a great kids menu to color but no crayons to offer. Really?


But it was good for cooling off and filling up and the kids both enjoyed the visit.






Amelia took a few (hundred) pictures--including this good one of her dad!


We had planned on having a nightcap at Ted Drewes, but after doing a quick drive-by we realized the kids would not be able to handle to wait. The lines looked to be about 20 people deep.

No fear, though, we went to our old stand-by, Steak-N-Shake, instead. We capped off the evening in style with some delicious chocolate shakes!

I'll be sure to post the pics from the City Garden when I get a hold of them!

No comments: