8.29.2010

Texas: Rainforest Cafe

Yes, another post about nothing but a restaurant.

But, it was fun! And at least THIS restaurant isn't something you can find in St. Louis. When we discovered there was a Rainforest Cafe near our hotel, we decided to try and fit in a visit there. I thought we would just go for dessert since it's a bit on the pricey side, but we ended up there for dinner instead.
This location happens to be inside a mall and we had walked by and looked around earlier in the day. We told Amelia that if she took a good nap, we would return for dinner. She was completely overwhelmed with all there was to see and she hadn't even been inside!

Once we were shown to our seat, both kids couldn't get enough! I was concerned that they may be afraid of the "thunderstorms" that occur every 12ish minutes. But, they were both fine. We were seated near a family of gorillas and they were fun to watch.

When a balloon artist came around to our table and offered to make Amelia any animal she wanted, she picked a gorilla--pink, of course. She became very fond of this little guy (despite his almost immediate deflated left leg) and named him Butterfly.


In fact, Butterfly is STILL around our house. He made the journey home in one piece and has become about 1/10 of his original size. I keep thinking I will sneak him in to the trash can at some point when Amelia isn't looking, but the truth is that I am kind of attached to the little guy too!

Seriously, can you say overstimulation?

All of us mid-thunderstorm. Maybe if you look hard enough you can see our gorilla friend in the background.

This was really a fun place (I had only been one other time when Amelia was a tiny baby), but I am so glad we don't have one in St. Louis. It sure made the experience much more special--since it was unique! Oh, and for about a week afterwards, Amelia was convinced that there was a gorilla under her bed at night. At one point, she mentioned she thought that Butterfly's mom came looking for her to get her baby back. Sheesh.

No comments: