It needs to be said that this whole family reunion thing would not have been as enjoyable or as successful without the hospitality of my wonderful Aunt Jane and Uncle Dave. I counted 13 children at the reunion and countless adults (I'm feeling too lazy to count them all). Thankfully we all had a comfortable, spacious place to get together and catch up. My family is located all over the US (with one family in London), so getting everyone together is very rare.
Perhaps the most popular attraction at Jane's house is her in-ground pool. It was perfectly shaded each afternoon and was a crowd pleaser for kids and adults alike. After an initial near-drowning episode with Amelia, she warmed up nicely and was difficult to pull away from the water.
Second cousins--Miles and Amelia
Sweet, beautiful Maeve
Amelia with Papa JohnAs if the pool (and all the toys that went with it) weren't enough, my aunt has transformed her attic into a "Bunkhouse". In other words, a cowboy-themed playroom. And it is the coolest thing ever! I could hardly capture all of its glory, but suffice it to say that she took care of every single detail.





Amelia loved every bit of it!

And back outside, there was plenty to do besides the pool. My uncle spotted this little lizard and Amelia took a great interest in it. After observing it for awhile, he told her that he would give her $100 if she could catch it.

She looks a little frightened here, but she really did like it. I swear.

In the end, the lizard was no match for Amelia. Not that she was really that interested in $100. I, on the other hand....

There was also a seesaw and a horsey tire swing to play with outside. Very popular with the kids!


The company was great, the food was delicious, and the drinks were flowing! Although the weather was a little hot, it was totally worth it for such a great time with my family who I certainly do not see enough!
My cousin Laura with the youngest reunion attendee--Janie Bug
Some of the fam
Some more of the fam.
"baby" Jake--such a sweet face!
Miles trying to get some of his grandpa's birthday cake.
Didn't I say delicious food?
Amelia wanted to snap a picture of Jason and I before they headed out to the rodeo.
One of my favorite pictures of the trip. Amelia and her second cousin, Evan.
No comments:
Post a Comment