I don't know what it is about my NOT waiting to cut his hair. I seriously need to get a grip. The haircut and first birthday within a few weeks of each other about did me in. I'm not sure if its some sort of weird mother-son thing or if it is because he is my "baby" and will most likely be the last one.
Regardless, we made a night of it and took Henry to our favorite place to get a kiddie cut. Amelia has been going here since she attempted her own haircut about 1.5 years ago. I have been known to ask repeatedly, "Isn't it more fun to go HERE and have you hair cut than doing it on your own??".
And it is a fun place! Amelia gets to choose her mixture of food-inspired smelling shampoos, have her hair wet down by a gigantic elephant snout, watch any movie she can come up with, and have her choice of fun vehicle to sit in. Plus, at the end she gets a sticker, hair clips of her choosing, and a sucker. What's not to love?
I was a little concerned that Henry wouldn't be quite as taken with the place as his sister, but it turns out that I was wrong! His hairdresser popped in an Elmo video and Amelia picked out the most boyish vehicle in the place and he was thrilled to death! Not so much as a whimper left his mouth the entire time we were there!
And it make it even better--he looks so handsome! (And I survived!).
We celebrated with ice cream and then spent the rest of the evening checking out a super fancy house that has all of its Christmas lights timed to various Christmas songs that they play on their own radio station!
No comments:
Post a Comment