1.13.2011

Practice Makes Perfect!

The night before Henry's first birthday was also the last night Derek, Amy, Andrew, and Jacob were in town.  And since Amelia had missed out on lots of cousin time due to the crazy two days of Christmas and the multitude of sicknesses that she was transmitting, we decided to head to GG and Papa's house that night to make up for lost time.  Technically, she was no longer contagious.  Plus, we figured if my nephews hadn't gotten it yet, they probably weren't going to get it on the last night!

At the end of the night, we decided to sing "Happy Birthday" to Henry and give him his first go at some cake!

 

Success! He pretty much ate the two bite cupcake in three bites.  Not too bad for his first time, of course he had a little help from Amelia!

Then, it was Andrew's turn.  He has a mid-December birthday and we are never there to celebrate it with him since they usually come to St. Louis a week or so later.  I'm not sure exactly what happened here, but shortly after the birthday song, Andrew ended up with a cupcake on his head!  I am pretty sure GG was to blame!


My birthday falls exactly a week after Henry's, so I was up next.  I have no interest in store-made two bite cupcakes.  My "treat" of choice was a caramel nut pretzel bite and a Blue Moon.


GG with all of the grandkids. 


Everyone was still feeling good later in the night, so GG took the two older kids and started a project with them.  Jason and I had spotted some craft kits on sale at Lowe's on Black Friday and since my mom was already going there, she picked them up and saved them to do with the grandkids.  Both kids made a pirate ship and they turned out really great!  It has been a nice touch on those days Amelia wants to reenact Peter Pan all. day. long. I forgot that I have a set of Pirate-themed Lego pieces and Lego people from when Jason was a child.  I think we will be pulling all of that out on the next snow day!

No comments: