Every year, while growing up, my mom made our Christmas cards. It was often a family affair. Sometimes my artistic brother would draw a picture for the card, sometimes my mom would come up with a crafty design, and one year we all used our thumbprints.
Since we got married, I have followed in those footsteps. Every year I make our Christmas card. Our recipient list is around 75 these days, though, so I try to keep it very simple and usually try to start months ahead of time.
I wish I had been more careful about keeping records of the cards I've made. Some years, I have enough left after the making process to carefully pack away a sample card. But other years, like this one, I came up a little short on the cards when I came to the end. I didn't even send my own mother one!
I think I will try to take a picture each year from here on out to document the card in photos, at least. I got the idea for his year's card from this blog and I love that it was a card Amelia could help me with! I laid out the foil, tore strips of leftover crepe paper from Amelia's fourth birthday party, gave her a bowl of watered down glue and a sponge brush and let her go to work. She was ecstatic when I took the creation outside and let her get a little crazy with the glitter (a rarity around here!). She also added sequins to some parts of the foil. All that was left for me to do was cut the large foil sheets into triangles, glue them on the card stock, and stick a star on the top!


No comments:
Post a Comment