3.02.2011

Florida: Day 3

Day 3 brought us to Disney Hollywood Studios.  I had never been to this park before (apparently it used to be called MGM).  I had heard lots of good things about it and many people seemed to think it was the second best park of the four for Amelia's age group. 


Our first stop was the new Toy Story Mania ride.  We had heard that we needed to get there when the park opened or try to get a fast pass.  On SLOW days the wait is 2 hours and up.  We waited about 40 minutes or so and I am glad we didn't wait anymore.  It was okay, I guess, but definitely did not live up to the hype in my opinion!

I almost enjoyed waiting in line more than I enjoyed the ride itself.  There was so much to see!



We did a few more rides after Toy Story and saw a couple of shows.  Nothing really wowed us too much, but Amelia enjoyed herself.  We happened upon this drive-in movie theater restaurant after a friend recommended it to us.  We failed to make a reservation, but we came at just the right time apparently and got a prime seat.  The tables were shaped like cars and they were all facing a gigantic movie screen that was showing "Tom and Jerry" among other things.  It was a little pricey, but really fun!

After lunch the kids burned off some energy at the "Honey I Shrunk the Kids" playground.  This huge Play Doh container actually smelled like Play Doh!

It was a fun place, but a parent's nightmare.  There are so many tubes and tunnels that it is very hard to keep track of where your kid goes.  I could barely keep up with Amelia and my claustrophobic self didn't really appreciate all of the tight little spaces.


We ended up leaving in the afternoon and Amelia, Jason, my mom, and I returned that evening for the Fantasmic show--one of my favorite attractions at DHS.

But, the highlight for me was definitely the Tower of Terror!  In fact, that was my favorite ride of all of the Disney parks!  I ended up riding it 3 times and it was so exciting every time! Maybe by the time we return to Disney Amelia will be old enough (or tall enough, really) to ride it with me!


No comments: