Amelia's favorite ride was the first she rode--Test Track. She loved it and rode it 3 more times immediately. The "it" ride at Epcot is Soarin', though, and she was much less impressed with that one. At one point during the ride, it looks like a golfer hits a ball straight at you and she is STILL talking about that part over a month later (and how much she didn't like it).
Henry did another great job handling a long day of walking and riding. She especially seemed to enjoy all of the aquariums of Epcot. I think he could have watched the fish/sharks/divers all day long.
I love this picture of Amelia, who grabbed Goofy's attention as we were walking by a window. She was so excited!
We spent most of the morning doing the ride thing and then crossed into the countries around lunchtime. In fact, we ate lunch in England--fish and chips, of course.
Jason read in a tour book about a kid's passport kit that can be bought in gift shops around Epcot. We decided to give it a try with Amelia and it was very popular. At each country we visited, she got her passport stamped and a little note written to her about the country she was visiting. The Canadian representative even mentioned they were "Home of Justin Beiber!" (and hockey).
Amelia had no idea who "Marie" from the Aristocats was, but she still wanted to wait in the short line to meet her. Upon our return home, we rented the movie from the library, so now we are all caught up!
Just another picture of Henry being tortured..this time in Morocco, I think.
Meeting Mulan was a pretty big highlight for Amelia. Of course, that was shortly after getting stood up by Alice (in Wonderland).
Snow White was a very fun character to watch! I can only hope her voice isn't like that in "real life".
She made a point to get some pictures with Henry even though we weren't really planning on it. It really amazes me how genuine these characters seem. It is also pretty incredible that the characters never made us feel rushed one single time.
I thought Epcot was great! I actually ended up liking it better than Hollywood Studios. Of course, it was an absolutely beautiful day, so I'm sure that helped!




No comments:
Post a Comment