3.11.2011

Florida: Day 7

We decided to return to the Magic Kingdom for what was supposed to be our final day in Florida (that's what we call foreshadowing, folks).  This time, we arrived with plenty of time to hula hoop and such before the welcome show started.  The weather that day was the nicest we had had so far, so the crowds were in full effect.




Since we had already been to MK earlier in the week, we thought we would take it slow and just hit a few extras we missed the first time.  I will admit, though, it was a little hard to get out of the must-see-and-do-everything-mode.


Our first stop was Dumbo and both kids loved it. I rode with Henry who was wildly signing "more" on our descent down from the air.  


Although I didn't take a single picture, we met up with some St. Louis friends post-Dumbo ride.  Amelia adores "baby" Elise and it just so happened our Orlando trips overlapped by a few days.  


We had yet to meet the fairies on this trip or last, so we headed that way as soon as they opened and were told the wait was about 30 minutes, but would "probably be less".  Nearly an hour later, Amelia and Jason were finally exiting the Fairy-meeting tent.  Henry had freaked out long before that and he and I had to exit the line early.  The grandparents were smart enough to ditch the line early on and go ride Space Mountain instead.  Nevertheless, Amelia loved meeting Tinkerbell and her friends.  She excitedly told Tinkerbell that Wendy was her favorite character.  (In case you are out of the loop, Tinkerbell doesn't like Wendy).  She got a kick out of upsetting Tinkerbell and still talks about it all of the time.






The race car ride was another adventure that got skipped on our first MK day, so Jason and Amelia sucked it up and waited almost the full 30 minute wait time so she could become a driver for a day (or 5 minutes, really).  This time she could at least see over the dashboard.  Last trip she wasn't so lucky!




Amelia picked up a whole pack of Disney Playhouse tattoos from somewhere on our trip.  So, on our last day, we were each sporting one of the character tattoos.  Unfortunately, we don't have the Disney Channel, so no I really didn't know who any of the people were.  Henry was assigned the character "Cubby".  I thought he wore the tattoo well.


We left the park shortly after lunch.  It got really crowded, really fast.  I'm not really great in a crowd and my dad is even worse.  Besides, we had hit all the things we missed the first day there and even rode several again like the Haunted Mansion, Big Thunder Mountain RR, and Small World.  The kids were wiped and the adults too!  It was naps all around and then all the Wards (minus Henry) returned for the evening show. 


Man, I thought Magic Kingdom was magical during the day, but the night was pretty incredible too.  There is something about that castle and all the different lighting effects they do with it during the show!  Wow!


The parade was pretty incredible too.  We didn't do the nighttime events last trip.  I'm so glad we did this time because Amelia thought it was wonderful and so did we!


And, of course, the fireworks!  But the best part for me was watching Tinkerbell fly from the tippy top of the castle.  If you don't know what I am talking about, you can find videos online.  I did not get a single picture because I was in awe of the whole thing and apparently didn't realize I was holding a camera. 


It was a great end to a great run at Disney parks.  What a magical place!

No comments: