
This is my 100th post! Woo!
In line with blog tradition, I've decided to share 100 things about us (well, mostly about me):
- Jason and I met in high school.
- We went to different high schools.
- But we both worked at Target.
- Jason worked at the Guest Service Desk.
- I was a cashier.
- My pick up line was, "Do you play basketball?"
- He did. He's 6'7".
- He came through my lane one night to buy sunflower seeds before attending a football game.
- He asked if I wanted to go to Steak n' Shake after work, it was our first date.
- In high school I played softball all four years.
- I was the pitcher.
- I had a mean drop curve.
- I played basketball and track for one year.
- I tried to be a sprinter, but was too slow.
- My coach didn't have anywhere else to put me so he asked me to learn the triple jump.
- I learned it in three days and placed in competition.
- I was also involved in student council
- and was the Vice President of my class.
- I was the Sports editor of my yearbook.
- I have an older brother whom my mother openly admits she loves more than me.
- I am trying to get better at being "green".
- I like politics.
- I'm a donkey.
- I want to learn how to sew.
- And knit.
- After Jason graduated from college, we backpacked through Europe for 3 weeks.
- We visited France, Germany, Switzerland, Italy, and Austria.
- A few years later we returned to Austria and also saw the Czech Republic and Hungary.
- I read almost compulsively.
- Our daughter's name is Amelia Jane.
- Amelia because the kids where I teach were reading, "Amelia and Eleanor Go For a Ride".
- Jason didn't like the name Eleanor.
- Jane is from a Bare Naked Ladies song.
- I found out after her birth that Amelia was the name of my great-grandmother.
- I do not enjoy shopping.
- Unless its crazy good deals.
- I like to go to garage sales and to Goodwill.
- I think community organizers are important.
- Hockey moms scare me.
- I once described Air Supply as magical--I had been drinking.
- My favorite musician right now is Mason Jennings.
- I also really like Jack Johnson.
- Jason has taught himself to play the guitar and cook.
- He's good at both.
- He has done some paintings for Amelia's play room, too.
- I care too much about what others think.
- I am proud that I can drive a manual transmission.
- My favorite season is fall.
- I am annoyingly indecisive.
- I'm halfway!
- I have a new found love for Sudoku.
- I hate to repeat myself.
- I hate to repeat myself.
- A psychic once told me I would have three kids.
- She also said one day I would start my own business.
- It took us a long time to get pregnant with Amelia.
- I did acupuncture to help with infertility.
- It worked!
- Acupuncture is surprisingly relaxing.
- I have just recently developed a like for coffee.
- I am a rule follower.
- I am in freak-out-mode about finding the "right" school for Amelia.
- My first choice is ridiculously expensive.
- The cost of one year is more than twice the cost of one year at college alma mater.
- My worst fear is failure.
- It keeps me from doing things.
- I have a birthmark on my neck that looks exactly like a hickey.
- Sometimes I miss living in Chicago.
- I hate being so dependent on my car.
- But being close to family is really important to both of us.
- I used to work with juvenile offenders.
- Its the most rewarding job I've ever had.
- It wasn't the kids that burned me out, it was the crappy hours and no raises for 3 years.
- One day I would like to go back to school for my Master's Degree.
- I just need to figure out what I want to go back for.
- Jason has his PhD in biology.
- He talks about getting his MBA or his law degree sometimes.
- I want to take a pottery class this winter.
- And maybe a yoga class too.
- I am proud that I breastfed Amelia for 13 months.
- I feel guilty about stopping when I did.
- Next time I will stop when I feel its the right time, not when others do.
- If you are still reading this, type one thing you learned about us in the comments section.
- We only have one TV in our house.
- We only have 7 stations on our TV.
- I taught Amelia sign language starting at 6 months.
- At her peak, she knew about 25 signs.
- Voting is very important to me.
- I have two nephews.
- They live far away near Washington, DC.
- I am sad that I don't get to see them more often.
- I am a very anxious person.
- Jason is very laid back.
- I am eternally grateful that Amelia inherited Jason's laid backness.
- I graduated from college a semester early.
- I still make wishes when I blow out the candles.
- If I had been a boy, my name would have been Jamie.
- I have a severe vomit phobia.
- I try to stay away from certain carnival rides, 21st birthdays, and the nurse's office because they have a "high vomit potential".
- I love when people comment on this blog!
6 comments:
Happy 100th Blog-day! Fun post!
I think most of the things you wrote about I didn't know. It was a fun post! Should we post 100 comments......ha!
i didn't realize you were so proficient at making lists...or that you placed in the triple jump...would've paid to see that! must have been some stiff competition, obviously not hazelwood east or riverview or normandy...
i'm glad, and surprised, you like air supply! a girl after my own heart!
this is susie by the way... i don't think i have a google id or any of the other ids listed below.
You are so amazingly creative!! I love your BLOG!
Yes, a fun post. I learned a lot about you, Jason and Amelia. I love reading to catch up when between visits in person. Thanks and keep up the good work! Congrats!
Post a Comment