We did a variation of this activity this week. This may have been Amelia's favorite activity we've ever done. She kept giggling and saying, "More colors, mommy".
We started out with four colors. I put a tiny drop of food coloring in each container.
Then, I gave Amelia a small measuring cup of water and showed her how to pour it into the container. Before she started pouring, I asked her to guess which color the water would become.
After we did the first four colors, she begged for more, so I tried to do some variations with the colors. I was only moderately successful at this, but it was fun anyway. Amelia guessed the color "black" for what was supposed to be purple and she was more right than I! During the last go around, I made sure to give her different amounts of water to pour so we could talk about "most" and "least".
We couldn't resist the temptation to add all of the colors together at the end to make a horribly disgusting brown color.
No comments:
Post a Comment