With one botched outing under our belt this week, I decided we were full speed ahead to do something super fun on Friday. I've always been a huge fan of the Museum of Transportation and given they had a theatre group performance there on Friday as well, it seemed to be a great destination.
Apparently, I wasn't the only one thinking that way. Before heading out for the museum, I checked on the website to confirm times and prices for the performance only to discover that it was SOLD OUT! Since we were already ready to go and promises of train-riding had been mentioned (I've got to stop doing that!), we set out on our journey anyway.
We arrived at the museum around 9:30 and enjoyed it for 3 hours straight. Amelia was fully engrossed with the large locomotives and was thrilled to be able to go inside some of them.
One little red caboose and one little blue caboose
Rides on the small train and the street car are unlimited on Thursdays and Fridays ($2 for me, Amelia was free), so we got our money's worth. Miss One Track Mind insisted on riding the Chicago Transit streetcar 3 times during our visit! The poor thing must have broken the world record for the number of times the phrase "more streetcar!" has been uttered in a single day.
Ride #1
On one of the trains, I showed Amelia where people used to sleep, eat, and use the restroom while riding on the train. On the next similarly set-up train, SHE showed ME where people used to sleep, eat, and "poopy on the potty" while riding on the train.
Despite pleas of "more streetcar", Amelia seemed to be running out of steam around 12:30. We booked it out of there to avoid any sort of train wreck meltdown (I know I'm stretching it a bit, humor me).
Interestingly, we didn't even visit much of what the museum has to offer (like one of our favorite places to play: The Creation Station) and we still lasted longer than we do at the zoo. The Museum of Transportation seems to be improving with every visit, so much so that now we are members! It is something Jason and I talked about getting Amelia for her birthday and we never got around to following through with it. But, today sealed the deal! They even credited my admission and train ride fee towards our membership. No doubt you'll be seeing more of the Museum of Transportation right here!
No comments:
Post a Comment