10.23.2008

Deja Vu

Rombach's Pumpkin Patch in Chesterfield was the location of our second pumpkin patch visit this season.  We went on Saturday since we had some errands to run out that way.  Man, it was so crowded!  We went last year to Rombach's at the end of September when no one was there.  Not surprisingly, a month makes a HUGE difference in how crowded it gets.  

Amelia, of course, didn't seem to notice or care.  She loved looking at (and climbing over) all of the pumpkins.  When she had enough of that, we took her through the "haunted house" where she whimpered and hid her head, then begged us again and again to go back through until we obliged her.  We also checked out the animals, ran through the maze, and climbed on the numerous playground structures on the property.

Rombach's has added hayrides this year which sounded like fun until we saw the $5/person price tag!  The ponies were also $5 to ride and even the bounce houses cost money.  To be honest, I am not sure we will be back next year.  There are plenty of other places that do far less gouging than this place. At least there were plenty of free things to do, I suppose.

I think this will probably be our last visit until next fall, I think we are all a little pumpkin patched out!

No comments: