After causing the world's worst diaper wedgie, I decided enough was enough. While out shopping with a friend on a hunt for larger onesies, I told her my terrible parenting confession. She mentioned that she had an extra 3 pack of plain white onesies that she wasn't using and offered to donate them to the cause--pathetic, I know. So, I found myself with 3 plain white onesies last week, begging to be painted on. Yesterday, we decided to give it a try. I saw this idea somewhere and thought it would be a good introduction to fall. We've been reading books about fall and talking about how leaves change colors. Right outside of our family room window is a large Burning Bush that has already started to change colors. Amelia likes to check it every few days and point out the few red leaves among all of the green.






Before painting on the shirt, I stuck a piece of cardboard inside to keep the paint from leaking through to the back of the shirt. I also stretched the shirt nice and tight and secured it on the back with duct tape.
The first thing I did was paint Amelia's entire forearm and hand brown for the tree's trunk and branches. She was thoroughly confused by this! I wish I could have gotten a picture of her face while I was painting it, but I was scared to let go of her hand to snap the shot.
When the trunk was dry, it was time to add the leaves. We did one color at a time and she used her finger to make each "leaf".
Here's our end result! I love how Amelia added leaves not only to the branches, but falling from the tree and on the ground too.
And, just for you Aunt Amy, here is Amelia in her paint shirt--no more topless girls on this site!
1 comment:
Jodi, I love that idea! You have the cutest ideas! I might have to steal this one too....hehehe:)
Post a Comment