I love these eyeball cookies! I've made them every Halloween since Amelia was born (that makes 3!). They are always a hit around here and it's tradition to take a picture with the cookies covering her eyes (which I will have to post later since I haven't actually let her have any of the cookies yet).
I realize it is probably a little late to make for this year, but I am going to post the recipe anyway. If nothing else, it will keep me from having to search through all of my recipes next year to find the one I need to make these (a task that takes a minimum of 20 minutes), I can just click on the ol' blog instead.
Scary Eyeball Cookies:
about 3 oz. of vanilla almond bark
50 Nilla wafers
50 chocolate chips
blue food coloring
red food coloring
toothpick
Melt 2 oz. of the almond bark in microwave for 90 seconds followed by 15 second intervals until it is completely melted and free of lumps. Dip each wafer into almond bark (I just covered the top) and set aside on waxed paper or a plate.
Melt remaining ounce of almond bark following above directions. When fully melted, tint with blue food coloring. Put into ziploc bag and snip off a tiny corner. Put a small blue dot in the center of the wafer (pupil). After the blue has cooled, but before it has hardened completely, place one chocolate chip into the center of the blue dot.
Lastly, put a few drops of red food coloring into a bowl. Dip a toothpick into the food coloring and draw "veins" onto the eyeballs. You will have to re-dip the toothpick several times.
Yields approximately 50 cookies.
1 comment:
You are so creative...really you are! I should really probably do more things like this because Connor LOVES all things themed!
Post a Comment