In addition to an annual apple-picking trip, Jason and I have always enjoyed visiting a pumpkin patch each fall. Since the arrival of Amelia, our visits have become even better (and more frequent--I think we went to three different patches last fall).
Our first pumpkin patch adventure was this Saturday. Amelia was cautiously interested in the animals at the petting zoo (probably because her paranoid mommy kept saying, "let's look, but not touch"). They didn't look or smell so clean, so much for the PETTING part ;)
We checked out all three swing variations and folded ourselves into the train, all of which was pretty enjoyable.
But nothing compared to the hay bale maze! Amelia ran through it at top speed for about 20 minutes straight. The maze was packed full of rowdy boys and an entire girl scout troop which made me nervous, but Amelia could be heard giggling inside and didn't seem the least bit concerned with all of the other bodies flying around. Every time Jason or I attempted to go in after her, she would spot us, giggle, and then bolt in the opposite direction.
Once we pulled her from the maze we headed back to the car. She was complaining a little (which I assumed was due to the fact that she wasn't quite done in the maze) and when we got to the car she said, "shoes mommy!" quite urgently. When I removed her shoes, nearly enough hay to make an entire bale fell out!
We escaped without actually purchasing any pumpkins (one of the few families I noticed that visited the pumpkin patch without actually buying any pumpkins). We usually pick them up at Home Depot instead for a quarter of the pumpkin patch prices. Luckily, Amelia doesn't seem to notice, but I have a feeling those days may be numbered!
No comments:
Post a Comment