Looking for a way to fill what I thought was going to be a rainy day, I turned to THIS WEBSITE for some inspiration. Halloweeny, easy, inexpensive, and yummy made this idea hard to beat.
We braved the drizzle and ran to the grocery store to pick up the essentials: sandwich cookies and black shoestring licorice (we already had gel icing and red hots). Amelia was pumped, she told the cashier she was making spider cookies.
At home, we disassembled the cookies and Amelia decided to take a huge bite of the licorice (which she immediately spit out and then requested a napkin to wipe her tongue off with).
After opening the cookies, we gave each spider eight legs. We put the cookie back together and I went to the lazy susan to grab the supplies for the eyes.
When I turned back around, Amelia was gnawing off a licorice leg--apparently this time no napkin was needed.
We added the red hot eyes...
and when we were all finished, Amelia decided the poor spiders were missing something--a nose, of course! So, she added marshmallows noses to each spider to finish off the project!
1 comment:
Those are so cool! You make all the rest of us look bad...really I am just jealous that I am not that creative...or patient!
Post a Comment