
A felt board is something I've been meaning to make Amelia for some time now. Unsure of the best way to go about it (here's where my annoyingly indecisiveness comes in), I kept putting it off. However, I few weekends ago I spotted one at a garage sale for $1! The felt on the board was a little rough (for whatever reason, I am having trouble uploading the "before" picture of the board), but I figured I could recover it inexpensively if need be. Along with the board, I also scored a ziploc bag full of various felt characters, furniture, animals, and letters for an additional dollar.
Once home, I decided that the board definitely needed to be recovered and was able to purchase more than enough to do the job for a mere $1.20.
The after picture. The board was pretty worn and slightly stained in one spot prior to the facelift.
I also decided to pick up a few sheets of various colors of felt to add to Amelia's props. She asked specifically for Halloween characters. So far, I've made a haunted house, a moon, some clouds, 5 pumpkins, 3 ghosts and a witch with removable hat and dress (I think I'll add some undergarments for the poor girl!).



The board will be hung in her playroom and I am so excited because the possibilities on how to use it are endless!!
1 comment:
once again, i am AMAZED by your creativity and everything you do at home with amelia! she is one lucky lady!!!
i'll place my order now...can you make one for us???
Post a Comment