10.26.2008

Sick and Tired of Being Sick and Tired

I was hoping to be able to blog about some fun, fall outings from this weekend, but unfortunately, that's not going to happen.  On Thursday, Amelia's nose began to run like a faucet.  On Friday, her apparent cold seemed to settle in her eyes leaving them red and watery.  By Saturday morning, she added a cough and by Saturday evening Jason and I were taking Nyquil shots before heading to bed.  

So, here it is Sunday afternoon.  Amelia's mucous has turned an alarming shade of green and Jason and I are walking around like cloudy-headed zombies.  Needless to say, we didn't get to do many fun things this weekend.  In fact, Amelia has barely been out of the house since Thursday.  We're hoping to get in to see the dr. tomorrow, as I am pretty sure she her cold has developed into a sinus infection.  

If we are all feeling better this evening, we may try to carve our pumpkins or we may just retire early and save activities that require knife skills for when we aren't doped up on cold medicine.

Either way, here are a couple of new pictures of the little one taken before the cold really set in:

if the Belle costume doesn't work out, she could always be Elton John

Amelia is pleased to share her breakfast table with E.T. (from Jason's youth)

E.T. snags some Cheerios

thank goodness Amelia falls for these food creatures like this octopus turkey dog

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That octopus turkey dog is hilarious!!! Where do you find all these great ideas??

Anonymous said...

I hope you all get feeling better soon!