Amelia and Michelle, Feb. 2007
I was so excited to get a call on Monday from Jason's cousin, Michelle, relaying some very big news. She and her long time boyfriend, Adam, became engaged on Sunday night while on a romantic horse-drawn carriage ride on Main Street in St. Charles.

Michelle also happens to be Amelia's godmother AND she has asked Amelia to be the flower girl in their wedding! Jason informed Amelia of this information this morning while taking her to my mom's house. When I picked her up after work (not realizing that Jason already told her), I began to try to explain to Amelia that Michelle and Adam are getting married (I think I may have compared them with Beauty and the Beast) and that she was going to get to wear a pretty dress and then Amelia cut me off mid-sentence and said, "and then me turn into flower!".
Amelia and Michelle, May 2008
This is especially funny because, as you know if you are an avid reader of this blog, Amelia is very, very into Beauty and the Beast right now and for a long time her favorite part was when the "beast turns into a guy". Then, when she decided to be Belle for Halloween, she began to say, "On Halloween, me turn into Belle". And now, to her anyway, being "flower girl" equals "turning into a flower". Hopefully she won't be disappointed!
No comments:
Post a Comment